When I was pregnant with Chelsea, French husband was jealous. He wanted to be the one pregnant. He wanted to be the one growing a baby inside. To appease his wishful thinking I asked him to tell me five things he would do if he were pregnant, and that I would do those things for him.
His list was endless, five endless responses, which were:
1) He wouldn't watch TV, nor watch any violent movies, nor be around any loud noises, he would turn off the radio, and never listen to rock music... (I had to remind him to keep it simple and not go into detail, otherwise I might begin to feel like Pumpkin Peter's wife!)
2) He would give up sugar, caffeine, anything too spicy, and never would he eat junk food, nor eat anything too hot or too cold...( he was on a roll, he went on and on... I alway wonder how it was that I gained 55 pounds living on air?)
3) He would listen to opera music, not just as background music, but sit and listen to it, at least an hour a day. Oh, and not just any opera music... only Puccini and Verdi.
4) He would take long silent walks in the forest breathing deeply the fresh air, being mindful of the earth under his feet and hug trees.
5) He would follow osteopathy classes, and he would have the baby in Pithiviers (the clinic where Leboyer, Odent and Lamaze ideas and knowledge are used.)
I did follow French husband's list of things to do while pregnant. Chelsea was born in Pithiviers, ten pounds, smiling and very calm. (Though by Cesarean section.)
Happy 24Th Birthday Chelsea! 24th!!
Do you know Daddy has an ENTIRE-LONG-ENDLESS-LIST for you to follow as an adult?