Each Saturday I focus on a different artist that I admire. From potters to painters, chefs to collectors, seamstress to songwriters, lifestyle to lovers... anyone who set the paintbrush, pastry brush, hands and heart on fire to create.
Those who inspire art to flow where it may.
Two Back Flats, hat desginer!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
— John Lennon
- Kick your television. It will change your life.
- Love your product with all of your heart. Having pride in it, marketing it, photographing it, perfecting it and selling it will all come naturally if you do.
- Use your tools. Read every Etsy newsletter, look for posted webinars that are interesting to you, ask questions!
- Stop thinking. Start doing.
- Customer service is number one in my book. Sadly, it is a dying art and that is why people come to marketplaces like Etsy. Embrace it. Smile when you correspond with your people.
- Social media is king. While my Facebook page is my guiltiest pleasure and is not a direct sales venue, it helps me to keep my voice and give my brand a personality. Not to mention, it’s a free show and everyone is there!
- Try everything that makes sense once. Don’t write things off because others have had a bad experience. Do a few giveaways. Do a festival. Do consignment. Do a mailer. Something is bound to work and what it is may surprise you.
- Karma. Karma. Karma. Donate. Let people borrow. Give people a break. It will come back times a thousand.
Jasika teased, "Every little thing I do is girly girly girly so creating a hat for a baby boy to match was challenging. After trying 36 different things I went to my trusty buttons!! Love the pops of turquoise with the green and yellow."