Instead of putting my laptop on the desk, I put it on the console, next to the bed. The next morning I was awaken to the sound of glass breaking. French Husband did not see the computer cord going across the floor to the console, and tripped over it. Of course the tiny MAC cord pops out easily, so even if you trip over it you, nor the computer will get hurt... though if the cord is twisted around something, let say a crystal bronze candelabra with coupelles (glass dishes underneath the candles to catch the wax drips) one could hurt themselves...
French Husband did not, not even a scratch. But the candelabra wasn't so lucky. The bronze part is fine, the crystal bits were smashed to smithereens like fallen stars across the bedroom floor.... I said half asleep, "Oh sparkling wonders."
One not so sparkly husband, cursed my reasoning for not putting the laptop away, for twisting the cord around the candelabra, for snoring, for hogging the bed, for last year's flat tire... not really but you know what I mean. He was in a bad mood made worse by the sparkling wonders on the bedroom floor, therefore every little thing that has been buggiing him for the last century came spewing out as well. Except the words: I am sorry. Because in France it is hard to say those three words especially when it is not your fault.
Note to self:
Find some coupelles at the brocante this weekend.
Is there a moral to this story? If you have one let me know in the comment section. I'll send a crystal from the sparkling wonder to one of you.