Photo: Chelsea 18 months old.
Today is my daughter's (Chelsea) birthday.
It is hard to believe, twenty-five years ago.
When I was pregnant with Chelsea, French husband was jealous. He wanted to be the one pregnant. He wanted to be the one growing a baby inside. To appease his wishful thinking I let him tell me five things he would do if he were pregnant and that I would do those things for him.
Photo: Chelsea 22 months old.
1) He wouldn't watch TV, nor watch any violent movies, nor be around any loud noises, he would turn off the radio, and never listen to rock music...(I had to remind him to keep it simple and not go into detail, otherwise I might begin to feel like Pumpkin Peter's wife;)
2) He would give up sugar, caffeine, anything too spicy, and never would he eat junk food, nor eat anything too hot or too cold... or processed. He was on a roll, he went on and on...
I alway wonder how it was that I gained 55 pounds living on air?
3) He would listen to opera music, not just as background music, but sit and listen to it, at least an hour a day. Oh, and not just any opera music... only Puccini and Verdi.
Photo Chelsea three years old.
4) Once a week he would take long silent walks in the forest breathing deeply the fresh air, being mindful of the earth under his feet, hug trees and talk to Chelsea in utero.
5) He would follow osteopathy classes, and he would have the baby in Pithiviers (The clinic created and where Lamaze, Leboyer and Odent ideas and knowledge are practice.) It was an hour from Paris.
Photo Chelsea twelve years old.
I did follow French husband's list of things to do while pregnant. Chelsea was born in Pithiviers, ten pounds, smiling and very calm.
Happy Birthday Chelsea!
Leboyer natural birth.
Odent natural birth.
Lamaze natural child birth